At NextPakk, we are proud to provide people across North America with flexible work opportunities that allow them to be their own boss, make meaningful money, and explore their community.
As someone who delivers using the NextPakk platform (a “Pakkmen”), you will regularly interact with merchants and consumers. The most successful Pakkmen are able to perform deliveries quickly, efficiently, and professionally, providing a great experience for everyone on the platform and resulting in more deliveries per hour and more money. However, occasionally there are situations where a Pakkmen engages in activity that harms the platform, which could lead to the Pakkmen’s account being deactivated.
We want to be clear, upfront, and transparent about the reasons an account may be deactivated and what Pakkmen can do about it. Below, you can find our deactivation policy and related process. If you have additional questions about NextPakk, please contact https://xpakkdelivery.com/help/.
YOUR RATINGS ON NEXTPAKK
Customers who place an order through NextPakk are asked to rate each delivery on a scale of one to five stars. Ratings are critical to the success of the NextPakk platform because they help ensure that the deliveries completed through the platform are high in quality. Pakkmen that are consistently late, deliver orders with missing items, or behave unprofessionally, typically receive lower ratings.
How it affects you:
Each NextPakk market has a rating threshold that Pakkmen must maintain to continue using the NextPakk platform. You are responsible for monitoring your rating. However, as a courtesy we may let you know if your rating starts falling near the threshold level. If your rating falls below the threshold, your account may be deactivated.
ACCEPTING AND CANCELING ORDERS
The Acceptance Rate is the percent of times a Pakkmen accepts a delivery that is offered to him or her through the app. Before a Pakkmen must decide whether to accept a delivery opportunity, the Pakkmen app provides a number of key facts about the order including the name of the merchant, the destination of the delivery and the subtotal of the order.
The Completion Rate is the percent of deliveries that a Pakkmen completes once he or she has accepted a delivery opportunity. Failing to complete a delivery that has been accepted leads to a poor experience for customers, merchants and Pakkmen: it means that a customer’s delivery will likely be late, the merchant will have to wait for food or other items to be picked up, and a new Pakkmen will be put in a tougher position when he or she accepts a delivery that is already late.
How it affects you:
As your own boss, you have the right to decline any delivery opportunity; however, because Pakkmen occasionally forget to log out of the application or end a delivery, NextPakk may log you out of a delivery if you fail to accept multiple delivery opportunities, or remain on pause for an extended period. Of course, you are always free to log out of the app or pause a delivery for any reason, including if you are not interested in performing deliveries, are working on another application, or need a break. NextPakk also notes that an extremely low Acceptance Rate may be an indicator of fraud, or an effort to game incentive programs offered through the NextPakk platform. As set forth below, such fraud may result in deactivation of your account.
We recognize that unforeseen circumstances may arise when you’re on a delivery, so you have the right to occasionally not complete deliveries you have accepted. However, each NextPakk market has a threshold Completion Rate that Pakkmen must maintain to continue using the NextPakk platform. Your city’s threshold Completion Rate can be found here. You are responsible for monitoring your Completion Rate. However, as a courtesy we may let you know if your Completion Rate starts falling near the threshold level. If your Completion Rate falls below the threshold, your account may be deactivated.
KEEPING THE PLATFORM SAFE AND SECURE
At NextPakk, the safety of Pakkmen, merchants and consumers that use the NextPakk platform is paramount. We want to make sure you feel safe when performing deliveries, that merchants feel comfortable working with Pakkmen, and that consumers never need to be concerned about opening their door to receive their order.
Creating an unsafe environment for anyone on the platform is grounds for immediate deactivation. These behaviors include, but are not limited to:
- Violence or inappropriate behavior, including abusive language - Exhibiting objectively unsafe behavior, including physical or verbal assault of a consumer, merchant, another Pakkmen, or any other person.
- Use of alcohol and drugs - Delivering while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Discrimination or harassment - NextPakk is committed to providing a platform free from discrimination and harassment and therefore prohibits discrimination and harassment by or directed at Pakkmen, merchants, customers or NextPakk employees because of race, color, sex, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, age, profession or any basis protected by federal, state or local law.
- Unsafe driving and biking - Exhibiting objectively unsafe conduct during transportation, including texting and driving, not pulling over before examining or accepting a delivery opportunity, and failing to be conscientious while using navigation apps. NextPakk evaluates Pakkmen involved in accidents for potential deactivation, depending on all relevant facts and circumstances.
- Failure to comply with the law - Violating any local, state or federal law while using the NextPakk platform, including any applicable criminal or traffic laws.
- Failure to pass a background check - Failing to meet NextPakk’s background check criteria is grounds for being denied access to the NextPakk platform, or account deactivation if you have already accessed the platform.
ABUSING THE PLATFORM
Much of the NextPakk platform rests on minimum business standards of integrity and fair dealing. We trust Pakkmen to use the app honestly and with integrity. Accounts of Pakkmen that abuse our services or engage in fraud will be deactivated. Examples of abuse and fraud include, but are not limited to:
- Manipulating the referrals system or promotions - Gaming or manipulating the consumer referral program, the Pakkmen referral program, Pakkmen pay promotions or other similar types of programs.
- Providing information that is fraudulent or inaccurate - Misrepresenting information during signup, giving false information to the support team during deliveries, or failing to accurately identify the mode of transportation being used to perform deliveries.
- Tampering with deliveries or failing to maintain standards of food safety - Opening, using, consuming, or tampering with a delivery or customer order; failing to use appropriate measures to safely transport deliveries.
You can appeal the deactivation of your Pakkmen account under our Deactivations Policy by contacting us at email@example.com. This review process will apply to deactivations from the NextPakk platform that were based on violations of the Independent Contractor Agreement or Deactivation Policy, such as abuse, fraud, or violating the safety of the platform. This review process will not apply to deactivations that were based on objective metrics such as minimum Customer Rating or Completion Rate thresholds.